home :: some history :: search :: local antiques blog :: contact





FRANK FISHER
FRANK FISHER
FRANK FISHER, proprietor of the Keystone House, St. Mary's, was born in that borough, June 24, 1853, and is a son of Charles and Mary (Hartzop) Fisher, natives of Baden, Germany, who were among the pioneers of St. Mary's. His father was a rope-maker by trade, but engaged in mercantile business in St. Mary's, at which he continued until his death. He had eight children: John, Philip, Mary (Mrs. Leonard Wittmann), William, Barbara (Mrs. William Schwab), Frank, Charles and Lizzie (Mrs. Charles Rorick). The subject of this sketch was reared in St. Mary's, being educated in the public schools, and served an apprenticeship of three years at the blacksmith's trade, at which he worked as a journeyman twelve years. He carried on a shop of his own in Kane, McKean county, Penn., two and one half years, and in 1881 he embarked in the hotel business in St. Mary's, keeping the Luhr House three and one-half years. Afterward he filled the position of bartender at the City Hotel one and one-half years, and then entered into possession of the Keystone House, of which he has been the genial host for one and one-half years. In 1876 Mr. Fisher married Anna, daughter of Joseph and Mary (Schwab) Murray, of Centre county, Penn., and by her has one daughter, Mary. Mr. Fisher is a member of the Catholic Church, in politics a Democrat.



home :: some history :: contact

Copyright © Mark Wendel, All Rights Reserved.


admin login